Kate Wambui is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a background in Commercial Law, Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Education and Qualifications
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Kenya School of Law - Postgraduate Diploma in Law (PGD)
- University of Nairobi - Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Certified Professional Mediator (CPM)
Professional and Industry Experience
Areas of Experience: Litigation, Commercial Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Compliance and Due diligence
Kate Wambui is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a background in Commercial Law, Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution. Kate is a member of the Law Society of Kenya (LSK) and has received accreditation as a Certified Professional Mediator. Kate has experience in handling matters such as commercial litigation, client advisory, compliance and due diligence.
- January 2022 – Present - Tax Analyst, Taxwise Consulting LLP
- March 2021 – September 2021 - Associate, Kiragu Wathuta & Co. Advocates
- January 2020 – December 2020 - Advocate Trainee, J.K. Kibicho & Co. Advocates
Notable achievements include:
- Conducted client advisory for several corporate clients with respect to the constitutionality of the levy of minimum tax.
- Provided legal support in a petition challenging the legality of the audit of a private entity by the Auditor-General.
- Acted on behalf of the largest manufacturer of non-alcoholic beverages in Kenya in an application challenging the charge of VAT on export services.
- Conducted client advisory with respect to tax and cost implications of incorporating a foreign betting company vis-à-vis a local betting company.
- Handled the incorporation of several companies and ensured regulatory compliance including tax compliance.
- Ensured tax compliance in respect of the completion of numerous land transactions including sales, transfers and charges.
- Conducted due diligence for a Bank with respect to several commercial transactions and safeguarded the Client’s interests