Education and Qualifications
- University of Nairobi - Bachelor of Commerce
- KCA University - Certified Public Accountant (“CPA”) Finalist
- ADIT - Principle of International Tax (On-Going)
Professional and Industry Experience:
Areas of experience: Transfer Pricing, Tax structuring, Value Added Tax, Corporation Tax, Employment Income taxation, With-holding tax and Customs & Excise duties.
Matilda has experience in carrying out engagements involving: due diligence reviews, transfer pricing documentation, tax structuring advisories, Withholding tax and VAT refunds assignments, tax health checks and tax compliance engagements.
- November 2021 – Present: Tax Consultant, Taxwise Africa Consulting LLP
- August 2021 - October 2021: Senior Tax Analyst, Taxwise Africa Consulting LLP
- April 2018 – July 2021: Tax Analyst, Taxwise Africa Consulting LLP
Notable achievements include:
- Representing clients in tax disputes with KRA. One of the key assignments includes assisting a group company reconcile tax estimations of Kshs 200 million with the KRA;
- Advising clients on optimum tax structures. Some of the companies have multiple tax presences in countries such as Mauritius, Tanzania and Uganda.
- Successfully following up on withholding tax and VAT refund applications;
- Drafting transfer pricing documents and assisting companies implement the same policies in their transactions with their related non-resident parties;
- Conducting tax compliance reviews and due diligences and providing clients with bespoke tax advice on how to improve tax efficiency;
- Computing, filing and successfully defending clients on tax returns questioned by KRA; and
- Conducting tax trainings on corporation tax, VAT, withholding tax, court rulings and many others.
The various clients she has provided tax advisory include; Inabensa, Damco Kenya Limited, Fortune Container Depot, BIO East Africa Ltd, Izwe Holdings Limited, Izwe Loans Kenya Limited, APM Terminals Kenya, Alpha Group, Seven Seas Technologies Group, Chatur Group, Lexicon Plus Limited, Caddell Construction, among others. She has also written a number of articles, mostly posted on Taxwise’s website.